Consulting Services — Take Charge of Your World.
Whether you are launching your first solo practice, are an established business owner, or are looking to purchase an existing veterinary practice, you need reliable, experienced counsel to guide you through the maze of human resources and operational considerations.
The Gatto McFerson team has decades of experience working closely with veterinary professionals like you. We’re with you at every stage of your success.
Practice Management / Operational Consulting / Management Reports
Partner with Gatto McFerson and you’ll benefit from our team’s commitment to helping you achieve your goals and increase your practice’s profitability. We consult with you on all dimensions of managing your veterinary practice, including financial, marketing, personnel, and customer service issues.
Our team will:
- Guide you through the process of clarifying and articulating your vision for your practice
- Help you achieve your short and long-term business goals
- Recommend specific actions you can implement to make your veterinary practice more profitable
- Develop comprehensive comparisons of actual results to projected results, identifying successes and areas for improvement
- Assess trends in your practice so you can monitor progress toward achieving your vision
- Research and compile daily and weekly operating reports
Identifying, recruiting, hiring and retaining the right employees is critical to your practice’s successful operation. Gatto McFerson provides comprehensive guidance on personnel issues so you find the right candidate, set realistic and understandable expectations, and evaluate employee performance.
We’ll help you:
- Understand the “do’s and don’t’s” of interviewing, including specific examples of interview techniques and questions that are legal and help you identify candidates’ critical skills and attitudes
- Integrate new employees into your practice’s culture and encourage team bonding
- Prepare job offer letters specifying not only compensation, but also the benefits of joining your practice
- Develop measurable job descriptions and evaluate employees throughout every stage of their career with your practice
- Understand complex IRS rules regarding employee vs. independent contractor tax and liability issues
- Appreciate the importance of providing every employee with an employee handbook and provide templates to create a customized handbook for your practice